Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Weekend projects

We got RAIN here this weekend...and lots of it! Good thing I bought vinyl on one of my frequent trips to the fabric store. Why have an umbrella when you can hold a roll of vinyl over your head while ushering your two small children, each with their own full- sized umbrella, through pouring rain? Ha! Let's just say we were quite a sight!

So I bought vinyl because I couldn't find an over-the-door shoe organizer at my first stop and didn't want to play out the above scenario at too many other stops, so I decided to buy vinyl and make my own! Pretty quick, used up some fabric and bias tape I had around, and much heavier duty than a purchased one!

Previously we had used muffin tins and magnets in the bottom of plastic cups to organize the ridiculous numbers of pens, pencils, crayons, glue sticks, etc. The cups were always falling over, I worried about someone swallowing one too many magnets, etc. I had found this idea somewhere and decided to give it a whirl! I think we may have finally found a solution that works!

The other project was blackout curtains for the kiddos room. We have been doing bedtime about 7 to accommodate an early school day, so needed something s bit more sleep-friendly. Will probably end up with a second panel on each window, but we will see! Sorry if the pics aren't in order...my preview isn't working so I can't see what order they are in!

No comments:

Post a Comment