Monday, August 20, 2012

Updated nursery, personalized quilt

Do you remember the crib set I did for a dear friend of mine and her little girl, O?

Well, O is now a sweet almost 2 1/2 year old and was ready to move out of a crib and into a daybed. So I got the pleasure of updating her bedroom! They wanted to keep the same style but needed a quilt big enough for a daybed and a new bed skirt (which is in the same fabric as the crib skirt, so no pictures of it).

Fortunately we were able to find the same fabric--on clearance!--and then I was ready to go. From start to finish, this quilt was FUN! I considered sending it off to get it quilted, but then decided that I have a fabulous embroidery machine, why not hoop each square and quilt it myself? And that I did. And I couldn't have been more pleased with the way it turned out! What a precious keepsake!

The full quilt

I appliqued her name on the quilt as I had done on her crib quilt


A close-up of the quilting--I designed circles for the circle fabric and a stripe quilting stitch on the stripe fabric

And best of all...in each pink square I quilted her name! In my spare time (haha) I would LOVE to make one for each of my kids with their names embroidered in them!

No comments:

Post a Comment