Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Speaking of improvements...

I have a dress form that someone gave me that was, ummmm, less than attractive. But it was free, and it served its purpose as long as I covered it in a sheet or put clothing on it.


As you can see, it was stained and didn't provide a very smooth surface when fitting clothes.

So, I decided to cover it! Let's just say I am glad I am not a tailor designing clothes with only a dress form and no pattern! First I put in a zipper to make it easier to get on, then pinned the two rectangles around the form, complete with darts and princess seams for a better fit...

And the finished product is much more eye-appealing!


Would love to put some patterned fabric over this, something like pictured below (I would probably do a black and white damask), but we shall see what I have time for...

No comments:

Post a Comment