Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Teacher for a day!

I have been teaching sewing lessons to two bright, beautiful, talented girls for several months now. I love being able to pass on my love for sewing with these girls and showing them that sewing can be fun and useful! Recently, I was invited to be a guest speaker at a sewing class for junior high students. I had a blast, and hope they did, too! They are learning the basics of sewing, and learning about repurposing. One of the projects they were getting ready to do when I was there was a t-shirt tote. The snack bags, "eco"uture bags, t-shirt dresses, jean blankets, and other projects I have made were a good fit for what they were studying. Plus they got to see that something you love can be turned into a business, too! Here are a few pics of the fun morning I spent with them (they have all signed media release forms and I have their teacher's permission to post these here).

No comments:

Post a Comment