Monday, September 13, 2010

My new addiction...

What do you do with an ugly yellow couch? How exactly do you find fabric to match said couch? What's that you say? You can't? Well, then let me make some for you! This set was made for my brother who recently moved...

Ugly (yet very nice!) couch was the inspiration for the color scheme, along with the gorgeous gray "woodsmoke" walls. Made a pillow cover to tie in with the curtains...


The curtains were the real reason that I got started...for some reason someone thought they needed some privacy (and a little light blocking for sleeping in on weekends)


And since I was on a roll, I just HAD to spruce up the lamp. I mean, the lamp shade DID break during the move and all...

An old lamp, some embroidered fabric and an adhesive lamp shade courtesy of the local JoAnn's, and you've got yourself a one-of-a-kind accessory!

Have I mentioned that I heart this embroidery thing???

1 comment:

  1. Every detail is perfection and I love the colors!
    The perfect color Matching ..its simple and best in every way....
    Embroidery

    ReplyDelete